Begin with the End in Mind Project
Bucket List & Values List (Top 10)
Interview Questions Notes
40's project (power point or other)
as last slide in power point)
1. Watch "Bucket
List" for inspiration regarding what is important in life (optional)
2. Write your
own “Bucket List” listing 10+ things you want to make sure you do in your life before you "kick the bucket"
Bucket List Ideas--
3. Make your Values
Top 10 list… what do you value most in life?
4. Interview some
people about their lives…and learn from the choices they have made. Since these discussions may be personal you
do not have to send them in--just indicate who you interviewed :)
Interview 2+ people older than 30. Make Point Form Notes:
- In a nutshell, describe your life right now?
- Are you happy with your life? Why or why not?
- What do you wish was different?
- What choices have you made in the past that have had a significant impact on the way your life
- If you could go back what choices would you change and why?
- Any advice to someone my age
- 5. Create your own personal Mission Statement
Go to: http://www.franklincovey.com/tc/resources/view/msb/index.html
Click on PERSONAL
(Menu along bottom)
Enter in your
information then click continue
and follow directions
rough Mission statement
want to take this and narrow it down to maximum 5 sentences to be your working mission statement, that speaks to who you are
and what you stand for... This is a work in progress... as you get older review and change as needed.
6. Using your bucket list, your values list, interview notes
and mission statement, think about how you would like your life to be when you are forty…and complete the culminating
Future 40’s Project.
Who do you want
to be when you are 40?
Where do you want
to be when you are 40?
What kind of world
do you want to live in when you are 40?
Using power-point, create slides with the words to a song or quotes (don't forget to site sources) along with
pictures, that reflect where you want your life to be when you are 40. The final two slides should include
a written summary and your personal mission statement. You should have a
minimum of 10 slides. If you can think of other creative options for
recording your future dreams feel free to speak with me to see if you can substitute for this project.
*Make the product something you are proud of.
Things to Consider:
Personal—How do you picture yourself and your surroundings when you are 40?
- anything you personally want to have, be or do…
- home—where are you living?
are you passionate about?
- education-– courses, reading, conferences etc…
- spiritual-- courses, relationships, religion, retreat…
- health & fitness--exercise, nutrition, medical, sports, martial arts…
- relationships-- family—(spouse, parents, children, siblings), friends…
- Fun Time J-- vacations, trips, sports, reunions, special events, hobbies
Business/Career/Financial – How do you see your work, career life when you are 40?
- new projects, partnerships, products, services, new ventures, office.
- Business—mentors, partners, clients, colleagues…
- income, savings, what you own, retirement (financial independence), financial
Community & Your place in the world—How do you see the WORLD and you in it when you are 40?
how do you
fit in with your community…local to global
§ what contributions do you make? charitable,
volunteer, service mentor
§ world—sustainable, multicultural,