CRYSTAL METH SEMINAR
Portfolio Choice: Aspect 6.5
Make health enhancing decisions
Demonstrate an understanding of
how to apply a decision-making model to a health decision.
Seven Steps in a decision-making
1) Identify the Issue
2) Identify the alternative(s)
3) Gather Information
4) Analyze the information
5) Make a decision
6) Take Action
7) Evaluate the Decision
- Attend the seminar on Crystal Meth
- Notes (attach brochure)
- Follow the decision-making model (see above) to complete the following:
Identify the issue a real or hypothetical choice/decision you might
have to make around the topic of Crystal Meth
Identify the alternative(s)
- Describe the situation/lifestyle of a Crystal Meth User
- Describe Crystal Meth. What does it look like and how is it made?
- What are the negative effects of using Crystal Meth?
IV.Analyze the information
(weigh pros and cons)
V. Make a Decision (Real
VI. Take Action (if this
situation has NOT arisen for you yet you may say so as your answer)
VII. Evaluate the decision
(if this situation has NOT arisen for you yet you may say so as your answer)
- Identify 5 other health related topics that are important to teenagers. Identify
the long-term health consequences for each.